Sunday, March 21, 2010

One of My Favorite Things

When I am in need of good conversation with a friend or a moment alone with the Lord, I often go to one of my favorite places. I can remember when my sister Katherine was attending college a few years ago and took my sisters and me to Mount Sequoyah. Little did I know that it would be a place where I would find refuge in the years that followed. I have so many memories throughout my time spent here that involve grabbing a friend, coffee (or ice cream), and driving here. It's so beautiful at night with the cross and the city lights, and it's the perfect place to watch a sunrise or a sunset. I love the peace that I feel when I'm here. I all of the sudden gain a broader perspective, and while I look at this cross that radiates over Fayetteville, my troubles seem to fade.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Becca! Next time I come to Fayetteville I have to remember to go back to mount sequoyah!

    ReplyDelete