Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Starving Artist

I’ve been a writer most of my life. Before I knew my ABC’s, I would tell my little sister stories late at night, when we were supposed to be sleeping. I started writing poetry in the second grade. This passion grew more and more and I wrote my first poem worth reading in the fourth grade. I remember my audience in tears after I read the poem. This may have been just because they were my family, but it made me want to write more. I wanted to write for people and not for myself. In the fifth grade, I began writing lyrics to songs, this was a short lived hobby and mainly influenced by my admiration of The Dixie Chicks and other pop groups. At this time in my life, I also began writing stories. In the eigth grade, I published two of my poems. It was a big moment in my life, even though it was an online thing. When I went to college, I decided to major in the thing I love, English/Creative Writing. My hope is that someday I can call myself an author, but until then, I’m just a starving artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment