Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Best Friend

Okay, so I was thinking about this the other day....what if, when I talked to my friends, I never listened? What if I called them on the phone and only talked about myself and all of my problems? What if I asked them for favors all the time, but never did anything for them? What if I went to their houses and apartments, but never invited them to come inside my home? What if they gave me money all the time, and I never repayed them? What if one of them took the blame for something I did wrong, and after saying thanks, I forgot about it? Well, I don't think I would be much of a friend! I think we often try to have these one sided relationships with Christ. We tell him all of our problems, we ask him to fix them and bless us, but we don't care to hear what he has to say. We don't care to really get to know him, because he is just an accessory in our lives, or someone we plead with when things don't go our way. He knows everything about us, but he wants us to know him too. He says, "Be still and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10. See, the crazy thing is, when I let who the Lord is fill my understanding, I don't even want to talk about myself...I want to proclaim his glory; I want him to be exalted. When I do praise him, everything else fades and nothing else matters. You see, it's in his prescence, in who he is, and through what he has done, that I am redeemed and I am restored. He is the KING of KINGS, the LORD of LORDS, my SAVIOR, my REDEEMER, the CREATOR, the UNCREATED ONE, JEHOVAH, the ALPHA, the OMEGA, the GOOD SHEPHERD, the MESSIAH, my FATHER, HOSANNA, ADONAI, ELOHIM, EL SHADDAI, and because I know him; he is my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment