Friday, August 26, 2011

Blessed

" Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" Matthew 11:28-30.

One thing I have to continually ask, is that the Lord would calm the waters in my heart and quiet my spirit. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with life and try to figure things out for myself, but it's in these moments that my shepherd is calling to me and I'm choosing not to listen. Christ wants me to place my dependence on him, so that he can be glorified as my provider! As a child of God, I can let go of all of my burdens, fears, anxieties, and I can rest in the Lord's sovereignty. You see, he doesn't promise me an easy life; he promises me something so much greater, he promises me himself! Life is not supposed to be easy, because I live in a fallen world; a world that fell because of the sin of mankind! However, in this fallen world I live, Christ is my one sure thing. He is steadfast, and he holds everything together. The chaos in my life cannot mess up his plan; he is soveriegn over all! Christ is peace in the midst of the storm. I'm blessed, because no matter what I'm going through, I can sing hallelujah to my king!

"He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms..." Isaiah 40:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment